New Year- New Skin!
16th January 2018
The New Year is here and the January cleanses are well underway.
People are embarking on their journeys to new and better versions of themselves, setting new resolutions and asking the body’s forgiveness for December’s sins.
The gym is seeing more new joiners than ever, slimming club queues are out the door and many of us are focusing on healthier lifestyle choices.
It’s not just our waistlines that have suffered in December, but our faces too! The late nights, food choices, alcohol, many applications of occasion make-up and everything else will all have taken its toll on the skin and we not only feel lacklustre- it shows.
Many people focus on what we cut out to make improvements i.e. junk food and alcohol- but there is so much benefit to what we put in our bodies and the rewards we reap as a result.
Superfoods are taking over right now, and for great reason- they really are SUPER. They contain essential vitamins and minerals and have supreme anti-oxidant qualities. Good for our insides and out!
One of the main things that can be found in superfoods is the very powerful Vitamin C:
- Vitamin C, or L-ascorbic Acid, is naturally present in the skin and plays a major role in human metabolism.
- It is a major anti-oxidant and anti-free radical. It is the greatest reducing agent in the body (compound that neutralises oxidants). It strengthens the skin by “trapping” free radicals and inhibiting the harmful effects of UV radiation.
- Vitamin C is very widely known for its brightening action: it inhibits Tyrosinase (the enzyme responsible for skin pigmentation) to reduce melanin synthesis.
- It helps to restore a more even and luminous complexion full of vitality.
- Vitamin C energises and strengthens the skin.
- It reactivates the production of Collagen and dermal tissue to help reduce visible skin damage.
Vitamin C is a key ingredient in the Anti-Dark Spot range. These products work against pigmentation and help to perfect the skin. This range uses anti-ageing and anti-dark spot expertise to combat pigmentation marks and preserve the skins youthful appearance. It leaves the skin is unified, firmer, smoothed and protected.
The SPF30 Unifying Cream contains Super Activated Vitamin C, Biotechnical Sugars and high sun protection to prevent dark spots appearing and reduce any new pigmentation marks.
The Dark Spot Correcting Serum is suitable for all users looking to reduce their dark spots and pigmentation blemishes and to even out their complexion. Perfect post pregnancy or after the summer sun, both of which are conducive to the appearance of dark spots.
And why not have a treatment?
Good for the skin and for the soul, the relaxing Vitamin C concentrate Radiance Anti-Ageing Treatment combines pure Vitamin C with Collagen to give dull skin the ultimate anti-ageing boost. It smooths and plumps the skin injecting it with radiance and leaving it glowing!